Sunday, February 24, 2008

Start Up & Family Contact

This past Friday my mother-in-law sent out a frantic email wanting to get together on Sunday because her and Dave were lonesome for their family. The question immediately came up - how can we make them feel more connected to us and up to date on our lives? We could send them updates by email, call them more often, drive up to Francesville, invite them here weekly or start a blog. A blog made the most sense - we can update it as frequently as we want, post pictures and videos, and our entire extended family can check it out at their leisure. I hope they do and then they start a blog so I can keep up on them too. For example, I haven't seen Lance since late December and it is nearly March.

I'll be curious to see how we keep up on this blog, how our family keeps up on us through it and how this affects our relationship, if at all.

3 comments:

dametzger said...

Hey this is really neat. Love the pictures!! Thanks Stu for getting this up, but we still miss you and hope to see you tomorrow in church.
Ly-mom and dad

Anonymous said...

I think this is awesome!! I will have to see if I am smart enough to start one for us!!
-Heather

R & N Schwartz said...

I love it! I'm with Heather on this. I'll have to see if I'm computer savy enough to get one going. I hate sending emails with huge attachments out to everyone.