Friday, January 16, 2009

It's cold!

I asked Hudson if he was ready to take a nap this afternoon and then I heard him giggling in his room and this is where he was...all ready for his nap with his passy and blankie. I know he needs to get rid of the passy but I'm just being lazy!
We made snow ice cream today! Ava and Hudson loved it but I could hardly even try it! I had to add chocolate and I still could hardly put it in my mouth. This morning the thermometer said -12 degrees! We had frost on the inside of our windows! We are stuck inside again today but no one is any more stir crazy than usual! We are going to go downstairs and practice gymnastics once they are up from naps. Hudson is awake now and saying "mommy, come in! mommy come in!" I guess I should go and get him up now. Stay warm!

Ava enjoying her snow ice cream! She was so excited to be able to eat snow!


4 comments:

Erica Gutwein said...

Call me crazy, but what is snow ice cream?? Sounds like something my kids would love!!

Heather said...

I was cooped up to long in the house in this nast cold weather so I went and had a day to MYSELF today!! The kids loved it because they got to stay home!! Don't take Hudson's passy away then we will know I am the softy with Linsey's blankets!! Oh well, they make them happy and that makes us happy, right?

S & L Gutwein said...

Snow ice cream has some sugar, milk and vanilla. Look online for a recipe...I think it's only something kids could like! Or maybe I made it wrong! Heather-what did you get to do?

Heather said...

I went shopping and grocery shopping. But even doing that without the kids was nice and relaxing!! It was a nice few hours by myself!!