Country Apple Dumplings
Makes 16 – or 8 servings – but you can easily cut this in half
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled & cored, cut each into 8 wedges
2 – 10oz can crescent rolls
1 c sugar
1/3 – ½ cup melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon, or more to taste
¾ c Mountain Dew (that’s what makes this recipe fun!)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan. Separate dough into individual triangles. Start at small end, roll one apple wedge up into dough, pinch to seal & place in dish (doesn’t have to be tightly sealed). Melt butter and stir in sugar and cinnamon. Pour/spread over dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew over dumplings and around. Bake for 30-40 min or until golden brown. Pour extra sauce in bottom over tops.
I got this recipe from a friend (Thanks Marti!) and we tried it out last night...it was very good! I made a whole recipe but will cut it in half next time. Hudson managed to eat everything but the apple inside...it's a fun recipe to have your kids help you make. Enjoy!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OOOO! I am gonna try these! I love new recipes. Do you care if I post this on my recipe blog if we like them?
GO for it Abby!
I HAVE BEEN DYING to find a recipe for this!!!! Eric bought me one that the Steam and Gas show... I have never had something so YUMMY! I've actually had a dream about them!
Post a Comment