Here is a video I did of the triathlon. I am so proud of Stu and his accomplishment! He did great! We were up that morning at about 3:30am! That just kind of messes you up to begin with! As you will see, the swim was cancelled due to large waves so a lot of people were pretty bummed about that. They did a 2mile run to start instead of the swim. It seemed a little disorganized, like they really didn't have any idea what plan B would be. The next morning, the lake was as smooth as could be!
Ava and Hudson got up there to see the end of the bike. (Thanks for bringing them up mom and dad!) I was so excited to see Stu that I had all of us yelling for the wrong guy once! He had the same helmet, shirt, black shorts and his bike looked similar! Then we did get to see Stu and made sure we made enough noise that he knew we were there! The beach there was beautiful so the kids could just play there and on the playground equipment. Ava was so good @ being my lookout girl. She was looking for Stu's blue hat and red shirt. She was getting pretty tired but she hung in there. I think she wasn't sure what to do when she actually saw her daddy and he came to give her a kiss on his way to the finish line. Later she told him, "daddy, there were some kids that got to run across the finish with their dads." He told her that maybe next time she could run with him. Of course she helped him eat his chips and drink after he finished. He was pretty wiped out after that...I think I would be too after 5.5hrs of bike riding and running! We stayed up in South Haven again that evening and headed back home on Sunday. All in all it was a fun memorable weekend!! Stu has said that since it really wasn't a triathlon he might have to do another one!!
Any ideas on what music I could put with this?
We are having fun watching the Olympics. Ava tries to imitate the gymnastic and swimming. She saw previews of the swimming and she jumped up and said "Oh, I love the swimming!" She also asked if our friend Heike (Ohio "Stake" Swimmer) was there at the Olympics! It's amazing to see their little minds work! Have a good week! Isn't this weather great?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment