Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fun recipe

I found this recipe in the latest Taste of Home magazine. Of course, you should use Gutwein Popcorn to make it!!

Goblin's Orange Popcorn
4 quarts popped popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
6T light corn syrup
dash salt
1tsp vanilla extract
12 drops yellow food coloring
4 drops red food coloring

Place popcorn in very large bowl. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium high until comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and food coloring. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Transfer to two jelly roll pans coated with cooking spray.
Bake @ 250 for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.

Ava and I made some this afternoon. It's really easy and a fun treat! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delicious!
I took some out to my favorite Buckeyes, too.