Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Contacts and a catcher's mask

What do those two things have in common you ask??? The 3.5 yr old of our family of course!! Yesterday, I thought she was going to the bathroom but after a little longer than normal I asked her where she was and what she was doing. The response I got was "I'm putting in my tontacts." She has pretended many times to do this while watching her daddy put in his contacts. This time was a little more advanced...she actually opened a brand new contact and tried to put it in but got frustrated and threw it in the trash! We talked about why that wasn't something she should do and then that she would have to tell daddy about it when he got home. Stu got home and after much prodding she finally told him what she had done. After more talking and telling her that they cost money and she might have to pay for more, she went into her room. She came out with her Minnie Mouse wallet and got out a wadded up dollar bill and gave it to Stu "to pay for more tontacts." Of course, how can you be mad at that!!



Onto the catcher's mask...yesterday Stu's mom, aka Ava and Hudson's Nanny, stopped by and dropped off some things she had of Stu's. Ava opened the bag and there was a catcher's mask from when Stu was in little league..a few years ago!! :) She put it on right away...after she found out what it was! Ava had it all figured out...daddy would be the pitcher, mommy would bat and she was going to be the catcher!! After a little adjusting, a stocking hat, the mask fit...kind of! I'll try to post a picture of Ava wearing it soon.

No comments: