Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Birthday fun!

**Warning...long post ahead**



9/1/2004

9/1/2005


9/1/2006

9/1/2007



9/1/2008


Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!

Then we went swimming, had naps and then...


Dora crocs...what could be better!


All chunked up as Ava says!


Monkey shirt! Do you think she likes it?!?



Hudson sporting the new peel & stick Purdue tattoos...they stick really well!




Do you know what it is?? 101 dalmation cake of course!



Make your wishes!

Playing with her new cash register...she looks really old to me in this picture.




I did a little interview with her this evening. Here are some of the questions and responses...

  • Where is your favorite place to go and why? Salty Dog, because it is!

  • What is your favorite thing to eat? Chicken nuggets...(she hardly ever eats these!)

  • What is your favorite thing to drink? Chocolate milk!

  • What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? Go swimming!

  • What do you want to do when you get bigger? Be a baseball player!

  • What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? Play volleyball

  • What are some things you don't like to eat? Pickles and tomatoes

  • What is your favorite color? Blue

  • Later on we were talking about how you can pray to Jesus any time and about anything. She then says "You can pray to Jesus to ask him which way to put your underwear on in case your mommy, daddy or babysitter aren't there!" I wonder where she comes up with the things she does!


I can't believe that she is 4 years old...It really goes fast! She is such an energetic, fun little girl. Her mind never stops working (like her father!), and she is a very good negotiator even at this age! Happy Birthday Ava Kate...we love you!

5 comments:

Erica Gutwein said...

Very cute!! Love the dalmation cake - so creative:-) Kelsey loved the part about praying to Jesus - hillarious!! I can't believe she is 4! They grow up so fast!

Sara Huber said...

Fun post of Ava through the first four years of life! I remember visiting you guys at the hospital and thinking she was the tiniest thing ever! :) Who would have thought your next child would be as big as Hudson??

The Raines Family said...

Cute post...did you make the cake? It's great!

Heather said...

It was great to see you yesterday!! I can't believe she is 4 - now not long and I will have a 4 yr old. I love your cake!!

S & L Gutwein said...

Sara-I remember that too! Avery looks so little in the pictures!
Tracy-I did make the cake...I have to have very specific directions to follow or else!
Erica/Heather-I can't believe she's 4 either...it really does go by fast! Thanks for the comments!