Monday, September 29, 2008

Update...

So, it's been awhile since I've posted...so I'll give you an update on what's happening around here.

I've decided to quit my job. I know I was only working 2 days a month (yes a month!) but it just wasn't working out for our little family. It was making more stress and confusion than it was worth. So, I have one more day left before I'm done. I am a little sad but also relieved. I was overwhelmed every day that I did work trying to figure out what was different and making sure I was doing things right (fyi...I am a nurse and worked with moms/babies). I can always go back and there will always be jobs for nurses!

Ava is still enjoying preschool. For some reason, each day we go, I have to almost push her in the door. It's strange bc she enjoys it. It must be slightly intimidating for her. She is only one of 4 girls in a class of 20! Her buddy is Ethan...I have a sweet pic of the two of them. Ava is now the one with the injuries...today she busted her bottom lip on her knee. Then a few hours later, our neighbors stopped by. She ran in to get something to show them and somehow managed to fall down the front steps onto her face. This time, she busted her top lip!! She had ice on it all evening and hopefully she'll be ok in the morning. How many kids bust both their top and bottom lip in one day??

Hudson is doing well and is really starting to talk a lot more. Today at dinner he was saying, "bite me!" which sounded a little strange but that is his way of asking for a bite! I don't think I posted it but less than a week after he got his large bump on the head, he fell again and hit the same spot!! We were at the Children's Museum and he tripped of course on the tile floor and hit it again! It swelled up again and bruised. He still has a small knot there but it's pretty much healed. His favorite word is "why?" I don't know how many questions I answer a day but it's pretty many! :)

Stu is keeping busy as always! He's thinking about doing a trail marathon this December...he loves a challenge! All I can think about is cold, ice, snow in December which doesn't seem to mix too well with running! I've been training for a mini this fall which is keeping me on my toes too. I've been running with a couple of girls and that has made the training go pretty well. Just a few more long runs...

I think that about sums it up for us for the past few weeks. We've been trying to take advantage of the weather before it gets cold...ugh! Enjoy your week!
Here's Ethan and Ava enjoying the park!

5 comments:

The Raines Family said...

Congrats with your decision to quit your job...I know you have been thinking about it for a long time (and I am sure Stu is estatic). You are completely right though, the world will always need nurses. That always eases my mind when I think about "if" I will return to the working world someday :) Cute pic of Ava and Ethan!!

S & L Gutwein said...

Thanks for your good advice Tracy! Hope to see you soon!

Jodeth said...

To answer you question about how many kids bust both lips in one day. Mattox. He does it at least twice a week. The boy will have the toughest lips around or will be toothless forever. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Liv,

I tagged you. You're welcom ;). Love, J

Heather said...

Looks like you are going to have fun, you are tagged again!!