Wednesday, May 14, 2008

MOPS and other things

Yesterday was our last MOPS for the year. I really enjoyed it this year. I was thinking and this is my 4th year in MOPS. I feel like I have been the MOPS group jumper...meaning I have been in 4 different groups. I think this group I really felt the most comfortable with and enjoyed the most. I knew several people there but I also connected with several new moms. I was at a table with some great women! We will be back next year! Ava and Hudson really enjoyed going too. Hudson's favorite person in his class was Wilda. When she had to leave, they said he was very distraught! She was wonderful to him! They had some really great speakers throughout the year and they also had very easy crafts (for those of you who know me well, know that I'm not so crafty! :)) One speaker that really hit home talked about having a heart like a garden-growing and blooming as a mom. Some of her points were:
  • 2 Cor. 2:14 "But thanks be to God who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God."
  • The beauty of flowers fade but the beauty of Christ and His word is everlasting.

2 Cor. 4:16-18-the inner man is renewed day by day

Psalms 90:12 "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

  • Characteristics for a solid root system

-Roots are unseen-John 13:17 "Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."

-Roots are for taking in vitamins and minerals-2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him"

Lamentations 3:21-23 "Therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is they faithfulness."

-Roots are for support-Psalm 1:1-3

It just made me think that there are many things that I need to be doing for my family and for myself so that I can be the woman, wife, and mother that God wants me to be. One other thing that she said was not to let our circumstances control us...that's not an easy one for me!

On another note, for those of you who don't know...I've become a minivan momma! We made the jump this weekend. So far, I really like it. I was one of those people that said I would never drive a minivan!! I think I said that before I ever had kids. Ava absolutely loves it. Everyday she asks if we are going anywhere so we can drive the van! One reason she loves it, is bc she can see out now. She couldn't see out very well in our old car. One of their favorite things to look at right now are all the big CAT construction vehicles...dump trucks, diggers, backhoes and so on. Enjoy the rainy day!

2 comments:

The Raines Family said...

I really enjoyed MOPs as well, we had a great table for learning and growing in friendships!! Glad to hear you (and the kids) are enjoying the minivan...I am still in the unsure stage :-)!! Hope to see you Tuesday, have a great weekend!
Tracy

Sara Huber said...

Hey Liv...not letting circumstances control us is a big deal for all of us I think. So often I think I would act different or have a better attitude if the circumstance was different, but the truth is these circumstances only bring out who I really am inside...sigh. Anyway, those are great reminders. It was really fun to see you guys last week! love ya