Monday, May 5, 2008
One of those days...
So the day started out with Ava once again getting up early and coming up to our bed. She went back to sleep which means, so did I which sets me behind already. For breakfast, I thought I would be a nice mommy and make pancakes. That was a disaster!! They both wanted on the counter and nothing could go right. I finally get the pancakes done and the 3 of us sit down to pray. Hudson, my usually easy going one, will not fold his hands and is just screaming and trying to get out of his chair (luckily he gets strapped in!). We get breakfast done and then go outside which actually goes well. Hudson seems to be getting a little tired so I take him in and he goes down for a nap....seems like a good idea. Ava and I go back outside and work around the yard. Ava keeps saying she didn't like the sun and I found her between our fence and the neighbor's garage in the shade playing with a long blade of grass...what a place to play! So it's lunch time and now Hudson is up. They eat a nice lunch of PB & J, (one of our favs!!) cucumber and apples. Now for naps...I can't wait!! Hudson who normally goes down sooo easily-read a book, give him his passy & blanket and then rock for about 1 minute, lay him down and he doesn't move-jumped up as soon as I laid him down. I tried again and the same thing. I just shut his door and left him and he was wailing! The morning nap is not seeming like a good idea now!! :( Got Ava down and he was still crying. I tried again and he did lay down but after about 5 min. I heard him making noise. I paid some bills and started on dinner and he was still awake. After at least 45 min, I got him up and he was 'helping' me in the kitchen, which means he eventually woke Ava up too early...ahhhh!!! I got dinner together and we went outside to play in the newly remodeled playhouse, (I'll have to post some pics of that soon) daddy came home and things were much better. That's a look at one of "those days." I hate those days where I feel like such a bad mom and I'm apologizing all day. The bright points were that I got about 7 dandelions from Hudson, it was a beautiful day out and at the end of the day, everyone is sleeping sweetly in their beds and tomorrow is a new day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh...how I know those days, But the last sentence says it all!!
Post a Comment