Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week in review...

This is what we've been up to this past week...
Ava got a new bike!! She specifically wanted a Dora one so thankfully we found it at the 2nd store. She wants to ride it all the time and is actually pretty good at it! The only problem she has is paying attention to her surroundings which is sometimes a problem! She was on the deck riding it on Sunday morning and it was pretty chilly but having a great time. For the record, she does wear a helmet when she isn't on the deck.

We got to visit my great friend Kara and the newest little Klop...Cooper. Sorry no pics. :( I will say that he is as sweet as can be and fits perfectly in their sweet family! Then we went to the Children's museum and of course Ava and Hudson enjoyed every minute!

This weekend we headed to Indy. We got to spend some time with our good friends...Aaron and Kara, Matt and Missy, Joe and Tara and Jim and Kim. We also got to see Dave and Jan which was so fun -it had been along time! The Ackerman's opened their home (again!) to us. The kids had such a great time as you can see! They got to go fishing (live worms and all!), ride bikes, scooters, play ball, swing, slide and the list goes on! The Colts hat that Ava is wearing was Jacob's. She has this thing now that whenever she goes outside and there's any amount of sun, she has to wear a hat. Well, we didn't bring one on Sunday. Jacob heard her say she needed a hat, and he ran and got her his Colts hat. He has grown up so much since I taught him in SS as a 3yr old!! She didn't take off the hat until it was time for a bath!! Then it was a nice quiet ride home...once all the tears about missing the bike parade were over! The mean mommy chose the bath over the bike parade and that didn't make for a very happy 3 year old!

Today we did a few small projects and had some family over. This morning our neighbor was walking her dog (very close to our window) and Ava yelled out to her..."hey, my daddy doesn't have to go to work today!!!" She (along with Hudson and myself ) was so glad to have daddy home for a day that he normally has to work. Off to another week!


I thought it would be easier to do a slide show instead of trying to post all the pics.

I think I might have set a record for myself this past week...I haven't cooked a meal since last Saturday meaning May 17th!! How crazy is that! So, if you have any good ideas for dinner, pass them along please! I need to make our menu. How do you do meals at your house? Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liv, this makes me homesick for Indy people :).

As far as meals... I do get great recipes out of Better Homes & Gardens. One of Luke's favorites is tenderloin (hormmel only!!) baked (about 20 min. at 350 degrees) & then placed in strips over salad with strawberries, almonds, etc... We also eat a lot of chicken (wraps, stir fry, covered in mustard & cheese, etc...). I have a great recipe for Tortellini soup too if you are interested. Have a great rest of the week. Love, J

The Raines Family said...

Hey, sounds like a great week!! For supper we do a lot from the "Southern Living Easy Weeknight Favorites" cookbook (Miranda told me about it)...the meals are super simple, quick and Alyssa even likes almost all of them I have tried (you know how hard that is to accomplish:-). I am also bad about picking about 7 meals and repeating until Todd requests a change!! Oh, and lots of different kinds of chicken here too.