
This is what our front landscaping has looked like since we pulled all the old shrubs/bushes out sometime last summer. Once the daffodils died, there hasn't been much there. Last week my mom came down and helped me plant some perennials. Stu has told me that when it comes to having a green thumb, mine is more like a black thumb...I tend to agree. But, I'm going to try very hard to change that! I do not do well with annuals. I need them to come up on their own and need very little attention! Our front yard is very shady so there were not a whole lot of options. The other great thing that my mom did was bring parts of her plants for starters for me...I'm hoping they will do as well for me as they have for her!

Here's some of the partly finished product. I still have a few other trees and maybe some plants that I want to get.


They aren't on this picture but I even planted some annuals...we'll see if they last all summer! :)
3 comments:
Looks Good...I was just looking at my flower box next to the shed today (the one with the 2 foot weeds growing in it), and thinking I should get some flowers in there before summer is over. Maybe this will be my motivation, or maybe just enough motivation to pull the weeds out :) Hope to see you guys sometime soon!
liv, looks good! SO do you just cut into the hostas with your shovel to seperate them and then stick them in the ground? Free plants are awesome:)
Tracy-at least you have those amazing hanging baskets!
Laura-yes. You just separate them at the root and replant them. Supposedly hostas are pretty hardy. We'll find out!
Post a Comment